Wednesday, February 22, 2006

THE "roller coaster"

February 22, 2006 1:30AM
It has been one week today that my son Koa Ikaika Bachert was born.
3 Weeks ago I was a mere boy that didn't know how precious life was. Yet I thought I knew the world and I was ignorant. I thought life was a journey that you go through and that is about it. I worried about bills and what was for dinner and how much money I had, what toys I didn't have.
On February second my wife and I went in to find out what the sex of our first child was this day was supposed to be the best day of our life. Instead it was the beginning of the "roller coaster" that has made me grow up. I realized in the past few weeks a lot of things like that my wife is the strongest person I have ever met. She stayed in bed laid with her feet up at a 5 degree angle for 3 weeks and she will forever be my hero. She stayed strong and kept me strong with the help of God to keep our son alive. I have also learned that God does things for reasons. Some times his reasons conflicted with ours but he knows best. And I am in forever debt to God for keeping Courtnie strong and helping and giving me so much in my life and watching over my son. And I have so many people to thank for there thoughts and prayers that I don't know how I could ever write that much. But it is late and I need to go tend to my wife so I will continue the story of Koa Ikaika Bachert my son my life my little Strong Worrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home