Thursday, February 23, 2006

Koa's heart

February 22, 2006
Today I was awaken by my wife talking on the phone. I could hear from her tone that there was something wrong. She hung up and said to me that we had to go to talk to the doctor about Koa. My heart started to break when I asked her what was wrong, and she told me that the doctor had taken an x-ray of Koa's heart and that they were going to do an ultra sound of his heart to see how his lungs were doing. This is because yesterday Koa's lungs had a high blood pressure in them and that they were going to treat him for that. So we wake up and walk over to the hospital to talk to the doctor and when we get there. We talk to the doctor and she says that the high blood pressure is now back to normal. But that's not all that she had to say then she tells us that the other doctor that works with her wants to talk to us about doing heart surgery on our 7 day old son. So we do and find out all the reasons for doing this procedure. In clouding that if we don't he could die because with the PDA not fixed it is causing his heart to work harder to get him enough oxygen. So we ask all sorts of questions about risks of waiting and what not. So I am thinking that this might be something that they do in the next few days but no it seems like it needs done today so we say ok and let the procedure be done with the guidance of the man upstairs. And it all turned out ok. After surgery my wife and I see that Koa's little tummy is turning blue purple so I ask the nurse what it is from and she says that it could be his stomach has a hole in it. So as I sit here I pray and hope that God will be with him through tonight and that it isn't any thing bad. I will tell more tomorrow as I know more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home