Saturday, February 25, 2006

a little brake

February 25, 2006
today Koa is having a pretty good day. He was switched over to a new ventilator an his numbers are looking better. This morning we found out that Koa was going to have surgery tomorrow to find out what was wrong in his tummy and fix it by bringing he intestine out of his side. This would make it so that he poops in a bag for a wail until he is bigger and his intestine are more mature and able to deal with food (milk). My wife and I are just praying that the doctors and Koa stay strong and that the leak in his tummy isn't to big or bad. The anticipation is insane it is almost making me crazy I don't know what to do be scared or sad or mad. But when I think about it all I can do is pray for the best and thus far it has helped.
tonight Courtnie was able to hold Koa for the first time since he was born. It seemed to be very good for him and Courtnie, but I think it was hard on her and I because we both knew that this could be the first and last time that he could have been held. But I know that God is great and that he does answer prayers. He has proven this to my wife and I over and over because he has let us get this far.
tomorrow is mine and courtnie's 1 year anniversary so I hope that we will have a great present that we will never forget from God. I hope that God will let us have our little boy. He is the joy in my life and has thought me a lot and I want him to teach me even more.
As I say good night tonight Koa is heavy on my mind and I will be praying that all will go well tomorrow.
Thank you God for this day that I have had with my wife and Koa.
Thanks to all the prayers from all of you.
I hope to bring good news tomorrow
we love you all
Koa, Courtnie and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home