Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So I got to hold the little guy for the first time

How something so small can make you feel so good. Only a dad could know how I felt today holding my little son. It was like nothing I have ever done. It was cool and scary at the same time. He is so small I felt like he was going to fall right out of my arms but he didn't. And his stats went up when I was holding him. I think the coolest part was him looking up at me with his little blue eyes and kicking me with his little feet. Oh do I thank God for today the best dad of my life. Little Koa laying in my arms half sleeping half awake. Sometimes still as can be other times kicking and making quick faces as if he were dreaming. Boy oh boy what a great day. Koa had a better day today and is increasing on his feedings and seems to be getting stronger and stronger. It is kind of cool because last week he had almost no facial expressions and this week he has some short fast mad happy faces. And seems to be opening his eyes more. And is able to track my finger and look at me when I talk so I am sure that he can see.
I thank you all for all of the prayers and gifts.
I thank god again for today and for giving me the family and friends that I have.
we love you all,
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah Bachert

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now you know how dad and I felt the day we held you for the first time.A wave of emotion.Happy, scared, awestruck,wonderment. This is the best day ever.Hey little Koa Keep them coming, we are all rooting for you. ( also this is the month for March of Dimes campaigns just for fellows like you, the Kids at Tanana Middle School are having popcorn sales for Koa and helping raise money for Koa and all the little babies like him so the hospitals in Alaska will have the new and best equipment to help get you strong and home with family.)We are all truely blessed
Love Mom B ( Grandma)

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!YES!YES!YES! They kept their word. We are so verrrrrrrrry, very sorry we missed this milestone yesterday! The pictures are fantastic! Your son "kinda" looks like you Jeremiha!! We definitely know who the dad is. . . There is more of a resemblance when your face is next to his face!

I especially, love the bald spot. OH! so sorry Turtle, that was your head. Koa has lots of glimmering, blonde hair. Sorry, my bad!

Thank you both so much for sharing your son with uncle and myself. We enjoyed each second we spent at Koa's side and with both of you.

Each day will continue to offer a silver lining and many more wonderous events.
Love and Enjoy! Aunty Charla

1:11 AM  
Blogger Rachel_Bachert said...

I am soooooo happy you got to hold him jere!!! the pic of him looking up is priceless:) he definaltly knows you and his mommy, while dad and i were there everytime one of you talked to him his stats went up or he would look at you...i wish i could see his little facial expressions, but i am sure when micheal and i get down there he will have master them even more:) i bet he makes his grumpy face when he sees the nurses huh? i know i would...Love you all **BIG HUG**

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful and a great big surprise today when I checked the blogsite. My heart filled with so much love for the three of you, tears of happiness fell and thankfulness unending. How beautiful your family is together.No amount of money could replace those pictures.I'm sure your heart felt so much love the minute he was place in your arms.He's one tough little guy and he gets that from both of you! Loads of hugs, kisses and blessings
to the Bachert Clan. Grtgrm & Grtgrp C.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miah, Courtnie and Koa.....LOVE the pics!
I look forward to reading your new postings every day....at least this way I am not calling you night and day...you two need to rest as well....love you all, Koa keep practicing those faces for Mom and Dad....
Aunt Lynn

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting to hold Koa, Jeremiah -- what marvelous pictures! You all continue in my heart and prayers ... see you all in the NICU! peace, strength and blessings ... Chaplain Susan

1:45 PM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Jeremiah, Courtney and Koa-

Oh I am soooo glad Jere got to hold little Koa. I know that must have made all the difference in the world for Koa and Jeremiah. And I am sure Courtney loved seeing her hubby holding their beautiful son.
It is truely a blessing that Koa has done so well. I am always so glad to hear whats going on and it's been so great to get so much good news.
Dave will be very excited to see photos of Jeremiah holding Koa.. I know Dave cried the first time he held Zack and I am sure Miah was fighting back a few tears himself. It is truely amazing how much you can love someone.. and how much it means just to have them in your arms.
Sending you lots of Love-

Niki, Dave and Zack

p.s. I love the photo of all 3 of you, it's the best photo I've ever seen.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home