Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sorry for not updating yesterday

Yesterday Koa went back a step he was up and down all day with his oxygen needs. This continued through the night. Then this morning things seemed to look up for the little guy his oxygen needs were still at 100% but the other settings seemed to be able to be weaned and he is moving a little after being paralyzed for a little over a week. Him moving is a great thing to see knowing that he is still in there and fighting. That and he is starting to lose his puffiness caused by the build up of the fluid in his body from not being able to move. This is a good thing because this will make it easier for Koa to breath and they can continue giving him fluids to help his volume to help his heart. They also started giving him medicine to help his heart and lungs at he wasn't able to get earlier because his blood pressure wasn't stable enough.
This morning Koa was having a hard time with his lungs being able to absorb the oxygen he needs so much. Its so hard to see your son so small there not able to do anything. So I prayed and talked with Koa and every thing started improving with in minutes and stayed improving throughout the day. If that isn't proof that God is there listening I don't know what is. I know that Koa can here my voice and it soothes him but he doesn't understand what I am saying but he does know what God tells him to do. I thank God for all of his help that he has given me and Courtnie and Koa. I am more than ever convinced that God is in my life and helping me and my family and friends with every thing.
Yesterday our family came to town form Fairbanks I know that Courtnie and I needed the support very much. I am so thankful that we have the family that we have here and far away. Our family will be here for spring break and will give us much needed support.
once again I'm sorry for not posting yesterday, things were just a little crazy. Thank you all again for all the prayers and gifts that we have received.
Thanks again and we love you all,
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah Bachert

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel_Bachert said...

That made my morning alittle sweeter to hear that Koa is doing better, i was worried after talking to you breifly last night. I'm still hoping that by friday i will have kicked whatever it is that is makeing my throat so sore so that i can come see you. Again i woke up this morning with my throat swollen,not as bad as before though so things are improving. I love you guys sooooo very much and hope that things keep looking up on all fronts.
Hope to see you this weekend!
LUV & HUGS-RB

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cournie, Jeremiah and Koa, we are still praying and lifting you all up to God. He will provide for you all. Thank you so much for keeping us informed. Cournie, that was a wonderful picture of you and Koa... Jeremiah, don't forget, we need to see you with him too. !! All our love, Meg and the Info Systems gals !

7:39 AM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

So glad to hear Koa is doing better. I know your family misses you all very much and could not wait to see you. We will keep praying for all of you and give you all the strength you need to get through this time. We send our love to Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah that God will keep granting your prayers. You know he has granted them so far. Koa is listening and doing all he can to make it day by day. Love and Kisses Aunt Lori and family!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that Koa is getting better. I send my love and hope thathe gets better everyday

9:05 AM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Jeremiah, Courtney and Koa-

Jere I comend you on your strength through this time and how you have never second guessed God or religion... I truely admire your faith.
You do need to give yourself some credit to from time to time. Even though Koa doesn't understand the words you say to him, he understands the feelings yo convey to him. He knows that he is loved and cherised and he knows when you worried about him as well. Keep your strength up! I am glad that you have family there to help you through this.
Lots of love and hoping things keep lookng up-

Niki, Dave and Zack

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtnie,Jeremiah & Koa - Thank you again for the updates. Though we can't be there we are praying everyday and we know God is listening. And Koa hears God and is listening to God and you two that's what is keeping him fighting
Some miracles we just can't explain and that's where Faith comes into our lives and it can move mountains. We love you and miss you - LOL GRTGM & GRTGP

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtnie & Jeremiah-
My mom told me about Koa and everything that is going on in both of your lives recently. I wanted to let you know I'm praying for all of you and think of you often. Koa looks like a sweet little angel and Courtnie you look as beautiful as ever. :) I miss you. Stay strong.
-Holly

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the family is with you. That's got to be very comforting to both of you and for them to be able to see Koa is wonderful all the way around! We sent a small package today should be there by Thursday. Love, hugs and kisses GRTGM & GRTGP

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home