Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sorry for the late update

Yesterday night the Koa started to fight the ventilator again and his oxygen sat went down to 55% so they bagged him for 45 min and took x-rays and it looked like the top lobes of both lungs were either collapsed or full of mucus. So this morning Koa had an x-ray and his lungs were looking better so that was good news. So today Koa has been pretty much the same he is still on the ventilator and is needing 100% oxygen. He has opened his eyes more today. Courtnie says they are a dark blue color. I haven't been able to go see him today because I might be getting sick and I don't want to chance getting him or any of the other babies sick. It is hard telling my self that it is for his best interest that I don't go in to see him but I would hate to get him sick. And the doctors say that since he is so small that he hasn't built up an immune system yet. So he could get really sick fast. So I will try to not get Courtnie sick and to get better as fast as I can. The doctors are still weaning Koa off of the Nitric Oxide and the other medicines that he is getting. That little guy has more IV lines in him than months he is old. So all I can do is pray that Koa gets better and better.
again Koa, Courtnie and I would like to thank every one for there prayers and thoughts for us.
please continue to pray for Koa and the other babies in the hospitals all over the world and there parents. Thank you all again and I will try to update in the morning.
Love you all
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah

4 Comments:

Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Jeremiah-
Go to the Fred Meyer near you, in the healthfood/holistic medicine, they have this stuff called Umcka, it is in a White and Red box, its a "cough syrup" but it shortens the duration of throat, sinus and bronical irritations. When Zack and I had Broncitus in W.A. and had to fly in less than a week we took that stuff and we felt better within 2-3 days. It is a life saver. And it surprisingly doesn't taste to bad. Keep your fluids up, teas are best if you like them.
Sorry I know I sound like a nagging mom but I want to help in any way I can to get you feeling better so you can be back by Koa's side to help him get better.
I am glad to hear Koa is opening his eyes more, its very exciting. Zacks eyes were blue when he was born but they have turned to a very pretty green/brown that kinda has a tortis shell effect.. I can't remember what color your eyes are, and I seem to remember Courtneys being brown.. but either way he will be a little stud muffin.
I hope Koa continues to get better... and that soon you can hold him daily.
You feel better, take care of yourself.
Lots of Love-

Niki, Dave and Zack

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Koa's dad, I am praying for Koa also. God bless you and hang in there- mandy

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, It's da Kaikala'z,
I love dis it's awesome how you can keep us posted. He looks handsome. love you guys Mina

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again - I think I have this blog thing down pat now. Takes a little longer when you are older!!!! Anyway - I just read the other messaages and you must find them all to be so helpful and thoughtful, everyone is so very kind and that's because you are both very special people to everyone who knows you and even those whom you have never met.Keep up the good work. Love Tough Old Bird

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home