Friday, March 03, 2006

Koa's first look at the world

This morning Courtnie and I were talking to Koa and telling him how much we love him and he opened his eyes just a slit it made my heart almost jump out of my chest. I forgot about every thing that had happened in the last 2 weeks and had a joy that I cant explain come over me. Wow this is soo cool that little guy has made me so proud.
so the doctors are starting to wean Koa off of the nitric oxide. It is a slow process but he seems to be getting better and I will keep my fingers crossed and praying that he continues to get better. Last night when we were reading Koa his good night story there was a baby next door to him that weighed 3lbs 10 oz and it looked like a giant. It is kind of funny how your prospective changes.
thanks again to every one for all the gifts of love and prayers that we have received.
we love every one and cant say thanks enough.
love always,
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Leah, i am all smiles seeing Koa and hearing that he has opened his eyes, it makes me wonder if Someone really is listening out there...
Koa- you are my angel who is helping to bring my faith back, i was lost and you are bringing me home and i can never thank you enough little man.becuase of you i want to believe there is a God, because i need to know that someone is watching over you and me and all the babies and lost souls who need to find thier Faith...Thank you---because of you i have a reason to keep hoping, and maybe somday i will find my way back.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Jeremiah, Courtney and Koa-

Oh I am so thrilled to hear that he opened his eyes. That is truely exciting and hopefully a good sign that he is still developing and growing.
There will be these wonderful possitives even though there will also be hard times. But as you said, the happiness make everything else not matter anymore.. plus look at it this way, all that you've been through so far, it's just a memory now.
I am glad that Koa is doing well, and we will continue to pray for his health and for your and Courtneys strength..
And on the wieght comment it's crazy because Dave and I were talking about how small Koa is just the other day, Zack was a whoping 8lbs 12oz, so to see a little tiny guy is just amazing, and to know how healthy he is, thats just even more amazing.
You keep telling koa how much you love him and being there for him, it may seem silly to some, but to him it will make all the difference in the world.

Love you all-

Niki, Dave and Zack

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW a peek at the world he has been in for awhile and to see his mommy and daddy when he did it. I have never seen someone so small bring grown people to tears of joy with every step he takes in this world. We love you all so much and keep praying everyday that the little guy keeps amazing everyone. He may be small but he is mighty. Love you Aunt Lori and all.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koa,Courtnie,Miah,
Little Koa, opening your eyes to see your Mom and Dad for the first time...Little One, people all over this beautiful world know of you, love you without having met you, pray for you. You, without even knowing it, have touched so many lives.
Sweet dreams little Koa,
Love always,
Aunt Linda

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you three - So happy to hear that Koa has opened his eyes. Every day is a milesstone for him and you both. What a wonderful little man he is - God is watching over him and with everyone's prayers is listening. Hope Jeremiah is feeling better and will be able to visit Koa very soon but until them Courtnie is doing a great job.We love you all very much

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home