Monday, March 06, 2006

Today things are still getting better

This morning Courtnie and I went to the hospital to be moral support for our new friends that also have there son in the NICU. He needed the PDA surgery that Koa has al ready had. This surgery is to close the valve between the two main vessels in you body. There baby made it through the surgery with out any problems. So this is another proof of Gods love. Thank you all for your prayers for the other babies in the hospitals. Every time Courtnie and I get good news like this morning we are happy and it gives us hope.
So to Koa he is doing better and better. Thank God for watching over him and helping Koa to get stronger and giving the doctors and nurses the guidance they need. This morning he was only needing 50% oxygen from the ventilator and was only needing 10% of nitric oxide. Koa was able to lay on his tummy for a little wail. This made him happy because he has been on his back since before his surgery on his intestine. But had to go back to his back because the surgeon would like it to be a week after Koa's surgery before he lays on his stomach. So I will just keep praying that things continue to get better with Koa and his little NICU friend. Thanks again to everyone for there prayers and gifts of love. I also thank God for listening to everyone's prayers and for giving me every second of every day that I have with Koa. Oh yah and I'm feeling a little better to so I'm hoping that in the next day or two that I will be able to go be with Koa again.
we love you all
Koa, Courtnie, and Jeremiah

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you three - What wonderful news about Koa bet he enjoyed laying on his tummy even for a little while.
We are so happy that you let us know how things are going. Please give Koa all our love and we're sending the same to you. God is good! Take care Love "Tough Old Bird" and Great Grandpa too

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God, I Thank God for you and Courtnie For making that choose to let go and let God! God choose us but it's up to us to choose him. You guys are two storong people. Courtnie you are doing an awesome Job. Call me if you need N-E thing. I have no way of contacing you folks but your mom and now this thing which i think is awesome. Jeremiah Keep itup this is really awesome and it helps me sleep a little better at night. Love you guys. mIna and Lemu
p.s lastnight i had a Mud Pie from the Ram. Remember the ice cream pie we shared.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

So glad to hear you providing support to another couple who is going over the same hurdles you have climbed not to long ago. We are so proud of you!!
So happy to know Koa gets to lay on his stomach-oh how good that feels!!! Hopefully he will get to do more of it soon. I know he is growing stronger. I could tell when I was there that you two are working together to make this happen and spread the love you have. Support each other and others on your journey. God be with you all.
Love Aunt Lori, Uncle MIke and all.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremiah this made me think of you. Glad to hear that the past couple days have been good.
Love, Erin and Justin


A Father's Prayer

Lord I'm askin’ for Your help
To raise my newborn son,
Give me strength and guide me
‘Cause I know that You're the one.

That sent this angel to me
A little heaven here on earth,
For now I know my place in life...
I'm no longer who comes first.

Once I had no answer
As to why it is I'm here,
But when I looked into my baby's eyes....
It all became so clear.

This little bit of heaven
Owns me, heart and soul
And it's You that sent him to me
A greater love I'll never know.

So take these rugged hands of mine
Help me to understand,
Just what it is I need to do
To raise this little man.

Help me build a boy that knows
It's You that holds the key,
To all that heaven holds for us
Show him Your love through me.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how are you and Courtnie doing? I worry about you both because of the strain you are enduring day after day. It sounds from your blog posts that the two of you are bonding with other parents who have little ones in the hospital too. Isn't it amazing how quickly connections between people happen and how a victory for one baby is a victory for everyone that day?

I wish I could see Koa. I never thought about the fact that he was unable to lay on his stomach following his surgery. I think about what he is going through but little details like not being able to lay on his tummy never occur to me. Do they weigh him and measure him often and if so, has he grown? I got a measuring tape out just so I could picture more clearly what the size of his head is and was shocked to see that it is smaller than the little round candle I have on my shelf.

When I read a "Koa had a good day" message it lifts my spirits. I hope today will be another good day for him. Great Grandpa Kurt told me he really likes the name Koa.

I must get to work now but know that all of you are held in my heart every moment of the day and night.

My love always - Aunt Sue

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koa, Courtnie, and Jeremiah! I am so happy to see that Koa was and is strong. I hope you guys are too. All I send is my love because that is the best I can give.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Miah-

It's so good of you and Courtney to help that other family through their difficult time. I think it is truely amazing how the good comes out of people in situations like this. And YOU and Courtney are definatly very good people and I am just so glad things are looking up for Koa.
It is funny to see them on their tummy's the first few times. I am sure it was a nice change for him, and you two. I hope things continue to get better for you.

Lots of Love-

Niki, Dave and Zack

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home