Monday, June 26, 2006

Koa is keeping the nurses on there toes.

Today I was able to hold Koa for a little while. Until my arm went num. When I was holding him I could hear his tummy rumbling. So I put him back to bed and changed his diaper. I noticed that he has a bad rash. I feel so bad. But it didn't seem to bother him when I was putting stuff on it. After I dressed him up he was full of gas. It was like a machine gun going off It was funny.
This evening after dinner I went to see Koa. I noticed there was a lot of people at his bedside. I walk in and saw that he was getting a new tube put in. I was like okay moms not watching. I was waiting in the hall way when the doctor walked out he said that Koa coughed up a big mucus plug or the tube got moved and he was having problems. So they decided to change the tube. Once he got settled down I read him a bedtime story and he fell asleep. I was patting his butt and his Oxygen needs went down from 60 to 48% within 15 mins. They did a chest x-ray to see how the tube was positioned. It was good and the Doctor said that his lungs looked good. A lot better than a week and a half ago. I was happy. Other than that they upped his feeds to full strength pregestamil, and 6cc an hour.
Please keep Isaac in your prayers. Thank you.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support.
Thank you God for helping Koa tonight and giving us Koa.
Love
Koa, Jeremiah and Courtnie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know the nurses and Dr. are on their toes and catch a problem as soon as it appears!From time to time things happen and you have to be prepared to handle it at the time.Sounds like Koa handled it like the pro that he is.
Tummy growling could mean he's hungry and trying to let them know he really enjoys eating. Prayers coming your way all the time. Love & hugs Greatgrandma & Greatgrandpa C

7:55 AM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

Glad to hear that nasty mucus plig came out and he is doing better. It sounds like he is better able to handle these things now. we are praying everything continues to go well for all of you and soon you will be home with the little guy. Love you all Aunt Lori and all.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home