Friday, March 31, 2006

Today Koa had a good day

Today Koa slept most of the day. He had upped his feedings. The nurse said that he is getting about 100 calories per kilogram per hour. And they say that this is the number of calories that it takes for a baby to grow. So he should be growing more and more every day. The doctor also said that Koa's biggest hurdle is getting off of the ventilator. So we are hoping that in the next few weeks he will be able to get off of the vent. And on to a CPAP machine which is the next step in helping his lungs. But right now he is getting over the pneumonia. Well today was good as I said so there isn't much to write.
we thank you all again for all of the prayers and support.
we love you all,
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah Bachert

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this picture is a first!!What can I say except I'm not sure that this one will be up on the refrigerator with the others!! Amazing again - 100 cal. a day sounds like full tummy to me. Very glad for all his progress as you must be too. Every days a blessing and his Guardian Angel is right there with Koa and you too. So many wonderful people have come into your lives throughout these weeks and what a blessing they have all been too. Take care love you lots Greatgrandma & Greatgrandpa C.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! my Comments are harder to get thru than Koa's BM. Prpbably I need some computrt cathertic to make this thing work!!! I found out that Koa is the name of a hardwood tree that grows in Hawihie. How do you like that?

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had a chance to write lately but wanted to let you know I'm continuing to keep you all in my prayers. It sounds like Koa is doing pretty good for the most part. When I see how a little thing like gaining an ounce or two or an improvement in oxygen levels are such important events it makes me pause to think about all the things I take for granted everyday. Watching Koa meet each day is causing me to be more mindful of everything I have to be thankful for. Love to you all!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

Keep eating and getting bigger you little tiger. WOW you are really amazing. Keep getting sstronger and before you know it you will be able to taker that trip home. Love all Aunt Lori and gang

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home