Monday, March 27, 2006

Today was another blessing from God.

Today I (Courtnie) got to hold Koa again today for an hour. It is so cool to be able to cuddle and see him relax when I am holding him. Today it seems like he has improved a little bit with his lungs. We are so happy about that. They went up on his feedings today.
Tonight when we were reading his bedtime stories he opened his eyes. It is so amazing how cool it feels when he looks up at you. I love it. Jeremiah went and read him a story, he kept his eyes open the whole time. After words we sat there talking to him and telling him that we Love him so much. Jeremiah rubbed his eyebrows and he fell asleep. It was so cute! I think that Jeremiah just started a habit that he might have to do all the time when Koa is restless. Jeremiah had a smile from ear to ear.
Thank you all for the prayers and support. It has been a blessing.
God is awesome!!
Love,
Koa, Courtnie and Jeremiah

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel_Bachert said...

i think you are right, jere just started a habit...my mom did that with me, when i was restless she would rub my feet...
hugs and kisses

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to rub your eyebrows or your feet jeremiah to get you to fall asleep at night. I should have just done your eyebrows( as your feet grew that became a monumentous task on those size 12's) every baby as a sweet spot to get them to relax and you have just discovered Koa's. And he now has your numbers. Reading and light touch. He is learning that there is good and love and caring in his world. He has the best parents ever.Love to all three
Mom B( Grandma)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really encouraging that they are increasing Koa's feedings and that you can hold him for long periods now. You must be on top of the world right now. The pictures yesterday were precious. You are wonderful parents and I know that Koa realizes that. You are in our prayers every day. Love, Jan

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news again!! Koa sure knows you two are there for him. Cuddling him has to be the best feeling in the world for you Courtnie and him. Jeremiah must be smiling all the time just to see Koa's reaction everyday. It is amazing the strength that little guy has too. We keep adding to his album along with the comments everyone is sending. We are so happy for you three and send our prayers and all the love our hearts can hold. Hugs/Kisses GRTGM & GRTGP C

9:30 AM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

I still rub my children's heads when they are restless and can't sleep(just haven't done it in a long while for my boys or Shannon). But is works like a charm. You definitely have found his calming spot. Now you will have to do that a lot-oh well so be it and how fortunate for you two that he likes that and you can do it more often now. The pictures are great and I have put some on my desktop so I can see the three of you everyday and smile. Love to Koa, You two(Courtnie and Jeremiah)so happy things are continuing to look good and you are getting more time to hold him like you should be doing as his parents. He is so lucky to have you guys as his parents. Love to all Aunt Lori and family.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Courtney Miah and Koa-

It is so sweet that Miah found Koa's "snooze spot" as I used to call Zacks. I used to rub Zacks nose bone and he would always pass out from it.
Every little baby has one.. it's special when mommy or daddy find it. I am glad Courtney got to hold him again.. it helps all of you so much I can't imagine.
We are thinking of you daily.

Niki, Dave and Zack

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home