Monday, April 10, 2006

Today was nerve racking!

Today Koa was doing pretty good. They started him on Caffeine. Its suppose to help him breath. It does something to his brain to help him. This afternoon they took him off the vent. The first three hours was very nerve racking. Then all of the sudden he was doing really good. So I went to dinner. When I came back he wasn't doing that good at all. He was tired. He was having apnea and braidies like every other minute. So they put the tube back in. So he is back on the vent. I could so notice a big difference with him when they put him back on the vent. His Oxygen needs went way down. But also the Vent is doing all the work for him. But I did hear him cry. I wanted to cry with him. It was like he was saying Help me mom. I wanted to just take him and hold and wish that I could of told him everything was going to be okay. Every time I think about it I want to cry. But the Doctor said that they will try again in a few weeks. She wants him to gain more weight. He has lost a lot of weight because of the steroids. The Doc said she's not surprised that he has lost weight. She said it might be water weight that he has lost. Which is good. This afternoon when I came in to see him. He had his hand in his diaper. I asked the nurse why did you do that. He said that Koa put his hand there. It was so cute. I really didn't want to leave him tonight. But I know that I also need sleep.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support.
Thank you God for giving us Koa for another day.
Love
Koa, Jeremiah and Courtnie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they had to try to remove the vent - now they know Koa needs it for some more time to help him.We are praying for you two and him so God keeps giving you all the strength you need from day to day both for the up and downs.He's a fighter from the very start and everyday is a gift to you and all of us. We love you very much Greatgrandma & Greatgrandpa C>

5:06 AM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

We are praying he can get off the vent next time. He just needs some more weight and time to get his body ready for the big step. I am glad you heard him cry. I know this was hard, but they have to try and see. Love to all and kisses all around. BIG HUGS TOO!!. We miss you and wish you a very Happy Easter. Love Auntie Lori and all.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Alaska said...

Courtnie, You did well durring this stressfull event. I am proud of you. I am sure Koa will be more prepared and stronger the next time they attempt this and I am sure he understood at some level that you were with him and heard his cry this time.

Keep strong,,,you are doing great!

Love
Dad

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could feel your helplessness as you looked at your little son with all those tubes going in and out of his little body. It has to be very scarey at times. My heart goes out to you. But God is the giver of every good and perfect gift and He will provide you, Jeremiah and Koa with the strength to carry on. May He also give you His peace.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home