Monday, April 24, 2006

Koa weighs 3 Lb 1 Oz!

We finally find out about Koa's eye exam today. The doctor gave me 2 thumps up. Its looks good. What I understand is that He will be getting checked every couple of weeks for his eyes.
They upped his feedings again from 4.3 cc an hour to 4.6 cc an hour. He is tolerating it pretty good.
I was able to hold him again today. Almost for 3 hours. It was awesome. He slept the whole time but his Oxygen needs came way down when I was holding him. It felt good.
They did more blood work to see how is liver is doing. It looks like its doing good.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support.
Thank you God for healing Koa and helping the Doctors do what they need to do for Koa.
Love
Koa, Jeremiah and Courtnie

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel_Bachert said...

YEAH!!!!i have been waiting and waitng to hear that he reached 3 pounds:) I'm so happy about his eyes too:) luve you guys

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best news to date - weight gain and his eye exam. How wonderful. The Dr.s must be feeling good too along with both of you. Every day is a milestone for Koa - what determination he has.He's quite a determined little man. We are happy for you all. Love
Greatgrandma & Greatgrandpa C

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear all is going well (you go KOA - may the lord bless you today & always. Courtney give me a call (333-5846)when your Mom comes to town. All my aloha Anelalani Nana Rose.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Nichole Sauer said...

Courtney-

Oh I am sooo thrilled to hear Koas up over 3 lbs... That is so exciting! I will have to tell Dave when he gets home, that will make his day to hear Koa's doing well.
Its great to hear the eye check up went well too. I am glad the Doctors are taking the time to check everything and make sure that he will be able to have a normal life as an adult, and drive you and Daddy mad as a child.
Well we love you lots and are praying for you daily!-

Niki, Dave and Zack

2:40 PM  
Blogger Aunt Lori said...

Way to go Koa, gaining that weight is so good right now. I am glad all the tests are coming back OK. He is reaching milestones now and all seems to be going right on schedule. Love you lots and give KOA a hug and kiss from us. Love Auntie Lori, Uncle Mike, Matt, Chris, Shannon and Colleen.
PS I will have to send pictures of the prom of all three of them. I chaperoned.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dodie and I were celebrating the news today! It was wonderful to hear that he's tolerating his food, gaining weight and kicking the pneumonia - what a little slugger - look out Mom and Dad. You've got your hands full before long! I'm so happy for the great progress. Keep it up little Koa! Love to you all, Jan

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home